Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No End.

In the article, Fear of Feminism, several arguments are made as to why women are not more involved, or do not identify themselves as feminine. I think in addition to these ideas another important idea to consider is the fact that people in general simply want someone else to solve their problems. We all want life to be easy and relaxed. After all it is so troublesome to actually get somehow involved right? Its hard for me to get up out of my comfortable bed every Tuesday and Thursday for my early classes, but I do it anyways because I know that it is best for me to do so. People do things they do not necessarily like every day. So why is it not the same sort of concept when it comes to feminism and political involvement? First of all, the results of their actions would not be seen for a long time to come, so there is a loss of the common feeling of instant gratification. I think it is the idea of an easy, relaxing life in a world of material envy, which so many people want, that keeps them from taking political action. People think that the government is in control of everything and it is somehow keeping us in the dark and controlled, but what the people need to do is see that they should not be blaming the government for upholding this inequality. Instead the people should be blaming themselves for a lack of political action. If we remain the way we are, longing for the easy, relaxed life, then the problem will never end. In the end, the end has no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment