Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Bloody Autostereogram!

It's a visibly noted notion, that psychologist believe males are typically more brutally violent than women. True, in a sense, a males imagination may soar and range through vast fields of vaginas, a cloudy dream of breast, and of course the bloody axel of murder. But, why is it that male violence is socially accepted to a slight degree? I honestly firmly stand by my notion, that violence in any child, is depicted by the living conditions one grows up in. Take for instance my brother, we grew up in a household with a savage of a father, and a very submissive mother (who in my opinion should of taken a women's studies course). My younger brother grew up programmed with inscriptive gospel truth, that it was alright for a man to (for a lack of a better word) beat the living feculence out of their wife.

Point to ponder?? I too grew up with that, but luckily for me, I was old enough to comprehend that men, should not lay a finger on a women, if of course it's not during displays of affection. I can guarantee that if I were to hand some images to my brother like the ones that Carol Gilligan mentioned in "Images of Relationships," he would fabricate a perverse scene where either a man killed a woman or a man or a goat or a cow or chewbacca (lets stop there). All in all I do believe with Gilligan's idea, to a certain extent. Boys will be "violent" boys, but lets be realistic here, I am almost 100% certain, that given the situation and setting my brothers and I grew up living, a girl would have just as much of a sadistic mind-set than that of my brothers.

1 comment:

  1. Its interesting, I noticed that you singled your mother out as the one that should have taken a Womens Studies class when it seems your father would have benefited from it too. It's interesting that we feel the woman should change when it's your father who shouldn't be abusing her in the first place. Just a thought I had as I read this; nice article.

    ReplyDelete