Thursday, March 3, 2011

knowing your body

I believe knowing your body and its' desires is the single most effective way to experience pleasure during sex. Growing up, I was taught to be very open about my sexuality, obviously not in an inappropriate manner, but in a way that enables me to express myself to my partner and to be able to talk to my mom about sex. I can see how society disables young women to be able to express their wants and needs about sex. When a girl likes to have sex, even if she is doing it safely, she is considered a whore or a slut. To young girls' those are names to be avoided because it can bring about a bad reputation. As for boys, it is praised upon to have lots of sex with lots of different girls, at least to their peers. This imbalance causes girls to be less open about their sex lives and what they like which ultimately causes girls to do it only for a mans pleasure. The essay made a good point because it talked about how even as young girls, it is taught in schools to cover up your body and to just not have sex, period. I believe that if girls are taught what they could do in order to satisfy that urge of sexual desire, there would be less teen pregnancy and more individual exploration of the body. If it is taught in school that it is O.K. to have sexual desires and that it is normal to want to satisfy them, but taught the safe ways to do so, there would be more consensual sex as well rather than girls deciding to do it because their bf wants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment