Wednesday, February 23, 2011

blog #5 hair

I would definitely consider hair a major importance to most girls all over the world, but especially with black women. My best friend is black and her hair is VERY important to her. We have actually had many conversations about the differences of our hair. I could get out of the shower, brush my hair and it would dry fairly straight. My friend would never even think of getting her hair wet in the shower, period. When getting ready to go out, my makeup and clothes are the two most important things I worry about. For my friend, her hair is most important. She could care less if her makeup is done or what shes wearing, as long as her hair is done and looking good. We laugh about the amount of money I spend on clothes because she spends the same amount on hair and maintaining it.
Her hair is just so different and needs much more maintenance than mine so for her to ever be discriminated against because of her hairstyle (like I read in the article) would just blow my mind. That is not right it any way.
I also feel that length and hairstyle definitely shape peoples view of a woman's femininity. The shorter the hair the more masculine and the longer the hair the more feminine. That seems to just be the way society sees it and it probably wont change for a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful hair. Please share more to maintain your hair.
    Salon

    ReplyDelete