Tuesday, February 22, 2011

To Be A Woman

Being a woman requires a lot of work… Days off are the perfect time to get those things done! Don’t forget about that mani/pedi appointment, tanning session, shopping for clothes and make-up, and of course that boob job!! Uh, NOT! While those things can be nice if you do it for yourself here and there, for some girls that’s simply their way of life, day by day. They think they need these things to be this hot person to impress others, men especially. Being a girl I will say I have never had a pedicure, and every person I’ve ever told has gave me the reaction, “No way!? Why not, you’re a girl! You have to get a pedi at least once in your life!” No, thank you. When I read the chapter “Beauty Cult” I kept thinking of my life and all the girls I know that fit into the different topics related to beauty. It’s all so true! Girls are known for their shopping. And what do they shop for? Basically clothes and make-up, like the book said. All the money girls spend on these products is insane. The things we do to keep people from calling us ugly are ridiculous. I asked a male friend of mine, “How would you react if someone called you ugly, whether you knew them or not?” He said he wouldn’t care. He’d be over it, no problem. A lot of guys don't seem to care about that "ugly factor". I told him that if someone said I was ugly, from my opinion as a female, I’d be pretty upset by it whether it was from a kid, teen, peer, adult, or just anyone. Girls seem to be much more sensitive about their looks. It would definitely bother me. I would look at myself and try to figure out what is wrong – I’m not a size 0, so is my size 7 too big? How can I change it? It definitely has that sting. Everyone wants to look good. I know I do. I’ve been saying I need to lose weight and get back in shape for the longest time, before summer hits so I can have that bikini body – but I have yet to work on it! Having a boyfriend makes me not care so much about my looks though. I figure, he knows how I look when I’m all dressed up and he knows how I look when I look like hell, so who cares these days. However, when I do get dressed up to go out, I always ask him how I look and if I should change or anything because in the end I do still care about what I look like and how others think of me, because guys aren’t the only ones that judge, I’d say girls are even worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment