Monday, February 21, 2011

Men Might Need Vicodin for Those Cramps


At first glance of the title “If Men Could Menstruate,” I thought this would be a piece about how men would be ashamed or not be able to handle menstruation. So when I started reading about how it would just be one more thing men could do that women couldn’t, it kind of ticked me off. I know it’s a badge of honor for men to shed blood but come on, “Cool I can bleed through my junk,” sound like something everyone would want. I know men like to taunt others with things they can do and others can’t, but I don’t think it would be something to brag about, considering most guys don’t even like to mention the words menstruation, period or time of the month (TOM for short). I think I just gave away to code word!
Call me an optimist but I do not imagine the world still male dominated if men could menstruate. Since menstruation is supposed to prepare you for childbirth, men would have to give birth. This would mean men having much more time off and not being able to climb up the ladder. This would also leave more space for women to have time to climb up the ladder. If there was an entire role reversal, it would be logical for women to dominate over men because they would have the better options. If men really got every symptom, mood swing and pain that comes with a period I’m fairly sure they would consider it a curse. They might not be open to show their emotions in public like girls would but I’m sure that with their cramps, fatigue and muscle aches would be like going through the looking glass. In the end I think male menstruation seems quit bizarre, but I did like the thought of men using sanitary supplies! I would like to know how a guy would feel sticking a tampon up their male vagina or whatever they want to call it!

1 comment:

  1. At first when i saw the title i thought the same as you did. I thought it would have been about how men would cry and suffer with the pain. And the poing you made about men having more time of giving the women the chance to jump ahead had not crossed my mind. Very good point of view.

    ReplyDelete