Thursday, April 14, 2011

All the same

After reading Leuchtag's article on Sex Trafficking and Prostitution, I was disgusted. I can't imagine my family selling me to a brothel and making me a sex slave just to make money to survive. After reading this article it reminded me of one of my friends and her fiance. I know it's not exactly the same but the idea of making money by selling your body was what she did. She had found out she was pregnant and right away panicked and needed extra cash. Her fiance suggested she find a job as a stripper!!! She would dance and do other things for these dirty old men that would come in and she had told me that it "wasn't that bad", I could only imagine that she was just saying that to make herself look a little bit better than admitting to stripping and dancing just for money. I think the whole reasoning behind trafficking, prostitution and stripping is just crazy. There are plenty of other ways to make money without selling your body and becoming a sex slave. When my friend would talk about stripping and say she had regulars that would pay her good money, she would also talk about how it wasn't a big deal once she was up there she would just start dancing and taking off there tops and jump on these dirty old perverts. I was really bothered by her whole thinking and we kind of became distant because I felt she was selling herself short, literally she could have found a better way to make some money. The main thing that really bothers me is when these young girls families are the ones selling them to brothel's. I couldn't even imagine that idea or thinking. The main thing about my friend that really irritated me was when I asked if her fiance knew, and she said "Yea it was his idea". I was appalled! Who would want their fiance dancing and letting other men touch and look at her?? I just don't understand people and their ways of thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment