Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Payment Equality: Fifty Years Long Overdue

I’m just going to dive right in here and say what gives people the right to think that men should be paid more for doing the same job a woman does? If a man and a woman are pulling staples out of papers, should either one of them get paid more for doing it better than the other? (Like it could be possible)! all I’m saying is that if a man and woman are doing the same job at the same pace then they should be paid the same and I don’t care if they’re two men, two women or a man and a woman. Equal pay should mean exactly that: EQUAL PAY!! I don’t have the experience of going through this situation myself, but I’m not that far behind and I would hope to get the same dollar value as a man, not 76% of a dollar.
By now I would hope that things are better for woman the way they were almost fifty years ago…but I guess that is just too much to ask for. I’m guessing it might take us another fifty years for women to catch up with men as far and being equal financially.
I don’t want to say that all men are the enemy because I don’t believe that; I just want to say that women have a more difficult time earning money to take care of themselves and be self sufficient than a man would. With women there are so many barriers to overcome and sometimes the list is never-ending with the example of single mothers there can be so many things in the way of earning enough money to take care of your family. There is only so much one person can do but if people start to realize the inequality there might be a better chance that change for equality will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment