Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Slavery's New Face

Pimps, and brothels would much rather make love to the obscene filthiness of their dollar, they seem to omit the fact, that without women the sex trafficking business would not own a revenue of $10.5 billion dollars. I can be the first to admit that I completely overlooked this inhumanity. Shocked and full remorse, I felt a sense of displeasure to not be aware of this appalling crime. I seem to do nothing about and will probably continue to do nothing about it because I felt like the issue has never surrounded me in sense where I can see it, but that was until recent, I realize that it's not all about sex slavery, human trafficking is a major issue all around the world. The clothes we buy, the food we eat, the fancy jewelry, and most importantly the dollar in our very own pocket can be the one used to buy a 13 year old girl to have sex out of her goddamn will. Young boys and girls are stripped from their parents at a young age to work for pennies an hour, over blistering weather conditions to make shirts for GAP or dig diamonds out of the muck, all for the simple pleasure of some rapper trying to be "fly" for his hot new single named "I can make your bed rock." The reality here, is that we overlook the fact that NIKE is as guilty as the pimps and the brothels.
In San Francisco, one of the more popular cities in America, human trafficking goes undermined. Cops pretend to be oblivious to the issue and Brothels and Pimps run the town like a bitch. We all know what goes on, but can't do a damn thing about it because we don't have a strong voice to overrun the corrupt government. Money talks, honestly, a man can do many things over a dollar, and I think the most disgusting gut churning fact, is that they seem to think women working in the Brothels are scum. Bullshit! I can sit here and bitch about everything, in the end it's the actions that speak. Now that I'm more aware of the circumstance going on here in our own country I can't help but to wonder where? Why have I been so oblivious to the this matter, if it's such a big issue, why hasn't there been something done to obliterate slavery of all kinds here and in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment