Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Essentials of Housework

Let's be honest, the commodity of a man, is not in the kitchen after dinner, nor is it using an apparatus called a vacuum. Let's just say, that for men, cleaning a bathroom, probably seems more bizarre than getting an awkward "hard-on" during a meeting or at the worse possible moment. Us men, don't understand why we get awkward "hard-ons," the same goes to understanding the value of cleaning up daily. I'll admit, I am not a devotee for chores, I have not lived at home since the age of 17, and my place is not a sty. Women, on the other hand, feel an urge to clean when everything appears to be vacant of any dirt or grime. At the same time, the ongoing battle for married couples, or couples who live together, has always, and will always be the housework. There is no doubt, that American couples have clearly taken steps forward since the Rosie-The-Riveter-era (I mean, women were granted the right to work and education), but that leaves couples struggling in a sense, to have equality for all (penis or not), to clean the house. Like most men, I would not mind coming home from work, in the near future, and having a sweet, southern, homemade dinner, but also having my wife looking like this:

cleanerDM0310_228x483.jpg

Yeah, that's right, it's only a fantasy, lets all not get our panties up in a bunch. What I'm trying to get across, is that I do comprehend, and appreciate the "whole" equality-for-couples-on housework. I don't think of myself as a useless man, searching for food like a vulture, I plan to be considerate of my spouse, so that we don't become another statistic who is feeding the failed-relatinship bar graph.

No comments:

Post a Comment