Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Woman, do your job!


Housework is more than often described as a job only performed by the women in the household. In the reading, many points are brought up from a mans perspective as to why they are not fit to do house hold chores. I find this extremely offensive because men imply that women are only good for doing the dirty work around the house. Men usually have the main paying job to support the family and I believe that men think that is all they should have to do. Coming home and doing dirty chores like dishes or dusting is beneath their intelligence level and should be done by the wife. To get out of the work, men make up excuses such as they do not know how to clean, or they will do it when they are not busy. The reading shows how these excuses manipulate the women into thinking they will get to it eventually when really all the man is doing is putting it off. Sooner than later the woman will get sick of waiting and do the chores herself. If men had to do all of the housework that women do on a daily basis, I think they would have a greater understanding and appreciation for it and start to help out more. In my family, we all have specific chores that we all do on a weekly or daily basis and I think they are split up fairly well. My dad will do the yard work, do the dishes and even some laundry, fix anything that is broken, and do the grocery shopping. My mom does laundry, cooks, and makes the rooms look neat. My little brother feeds the pets, cleans his room and the bathroom, and dusts. I clean my room, do laundry, and do dishes. The men in my family respect housework and see it as a group effort which is the way every man should look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment