Thursday, April 14, 2011

Clearing the Road and Stopping Traffic

Human Trafficking. We might as well go back in time to when slavery was legal and start owning people as property again. “Human Rights: Sex Trafficking and Prostitution” paint the perfect picture of another problem in the world that needs attention and fixing.
I would think that most people aren’t familiar with the multiple global syndicates that know where to find more women when the “well” runs dry where they reside in. I, personally, had no idea of the many well-known groups that traffic women globally. That sort of proves my point that we are so ill-informed about these heinous crimes going on around the world and on our territory. Everyday women are being sold into slavery as sex slaves and force to work in brothels where they are abuses in almost every way possible. However, what are people doing about this epidemic? Close to nothing. Part of the problem is that more people don’t care because it’s not noticeable. I think that once something like this gets personal, like if a woman is kidnapped by one of the trafficking groups, it will capture the attention of our country.
I guess we all wish that things like this don’t happen, myself included. It seems that women still haven’t come far in other places in the world. When a person can be devalued and able to be used for 4¢ it feels like women might always be the victim. I don’t think I can imagine having to live like an animal, being abused in every way possible, living each day having to please someone who is hurting you. I would rather be dead and at peace then living, if you can call it a life, like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment