Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Eulogy For Rape

If there is one thing that really hinders frustration for me, that would be my girlfriend taking the bus to and fro from work. Living in "SoCal," a girl always has to be on her heels, she has to study her surroundings, like a fish or a quail (for the record, though, women, fish, and quail do differ vastly in other respects, women, for example, scored much higher on the written test--I'm kidding) who study their surroundings when they sense the "energy" (as my girlfriend calls it) of the hunter, or in this sense, the morbid heat of the erection of the rapist. Back to my story, it is at times difficult for me to constantly offer rides and support, trust me, I do my best in that matter. I work, and have school, and our schedules seem to be polar opposites, for example, I find myself in class when she is not and visa versa. What does not help, is that my girlfriend is as stubborn as a mule, and will not allow me to "lend" my car to her, we have before, but that was totally out of her will. Look, I respect her decision of being really self-sufficient, that's what attracted me to her in the first place, but sadly, when you are not from SoCal to begin with, you don't know how perverse and dangerous the bus system is down here compared to the bay. I've been pleading, literally bugging her everyday to let me take her to work, or borrow my car, or at the very least, carry pepper spray, or a taser to simply hold up against the genitalia of a sadistic man trying to get a squeeze. Her response, "I don't want to hurt anyone, I mean, what if they want to have kids someday, I couldn't live with myself knowing I'm the reason for that cause,"...I know right, she is cute. Darling, I get where you are coming from, but I have to disagree. Yeah we get a kick out of her "creeper" bus stories about how they compliment her luminous green eyes, or her beautiful smile, but sadly in SoCal, I honestly believe any woman needs to carry some sort of weapon to at the very least, inflict some damage, and make sex for the rapist one he won't forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment